8/13/2008

Wishing for an Indian Summer


From our midsummer nature table.

It's raining. And it's raining even more. Where did summer go? What happened to those "too-hot-to-get-some-sleep" nights and lazy days in the garden chasing the largest shadows around with a blanket and a book? What happened to ice cream tasting contests and children running through the garden sprinkler to cool off?

Something happened and I didn't pay attention.

It's turning. Slowly, but it's turning. We're heading towards autumn. I love autumn, but I don't know if I'm ready for it quite yet. I need a few more sunny days. Not the hot sunny days, but the light, airy, insect-buzzing, flower-budding, freedom-feeling, going-to-the-lake days...

So now I am wondering about doing some weather magic and asking the Gods for an Indian Summer.



No comments: